October 08, 2018
We're happy again to announce our latest update to our HoloMeeting application. Our remote meeting and collaboration application is available for HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality Headsets, Surface Pro tablets and Windows 10 Desktop with updates viable across the entire hardware suite.The latest build has exciting updates across all platforms and it went live on the Microsoft Store this weekend. We have published the 2D version (Desktop & Surface Hub) as a separate app which can be found here.
We are happy to share these improvements now.
- Added ability to record a livestream which is automatically saved to local videos folder. This means that live stream sessions can be kept and shared for training and reassessment.
- Whiteboard will now also persist (same as sticky notes)
- Trial implementation of Sketchfab (in Files)
- Added the ability to adjust the pen's sensitivity
- Improved transitioning animation during startup
- Removed red dot from menu since it may conflict with long room names
- Desktop keyboard (and device portal keyboard) can be used to enter text on sticky notes
- When the livestream is open and you click the livestream button again, the window will move to the front of your gaze
- Fixed a crash when trying to share a 4K screen on desktop
- Fixed a keyboard overlay problem when selecting the numbers keyboard
- Desktop keyboard is currently only working on sticky note text entry fields
- DAE files not displaying correctly
- HoloLens: 3D models from local 3D Models can't be loaded